Northcote Medical is an approved provider of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Updated: 20 September 2021
Pfizer Vaccine: We are currently out of stock of Pfizer vaccine. As soon as we receive a new supply, we will add appointments to our Online Booking system.
We are unable to make any appointments for Pfizer until we receive additional supply. We are not currently taking appointments by phone for Pfizer vaccines.
Astra Zenica: This is currently available and appointments can be made using our online booking system or by calling the clinic.
Please refer to this page for the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccine will protect patients, including our most vulnerable communities from exposure to COVID-19. The COVID-19 vaccine is both safe and effective, helping to prevent death and serious illness.
COVID19 Vaccine eligibility is determined by the Government.
BOOKING YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE AT NORTHCOTE MEDICAL
To book your appointment:
Firstly, check if you are eligible.
Before receiving the vaccine, you must confirm your eligibility. You can check your eligibility here.
Or, you can make an appointment to speak to a doctor to determine your eligibility – book an appointment here.
It is an Australian Government requirement that Northcote Medical checks the eligibility of each patient on the day of your appointment. Remember, just because you make an appointment, does not mean you will receive the vaccine, only those eligible on the day will be immunised.
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility, book your COVID 19 vaccine via hotdoc
When you book your COVID-19 immunisation, you will book two appointments. There are two injections required to provide you with full protection from coronavirus.
Attending your COVID-19 Vaccine appointment:
On the day:
- Please arrive on time – not early. We need to minimise the number of people in the rooms at all times. To protect yourself and others, please arrive at your appointment at the correct time.
- When you attend your appointment, your immunisation nurse or a doctor will provide your injection. This is not an appointment with your doctor.
- Your nurse will check your eligibility and obtain your consent to administer the vaccination. If on the day of your booking, you are deemed ineligible for the vaccine, we will not be able to administer your immunisation.
- Our team will confirm your paperwork and complete your immunisation.
- For your health and wellbeing, you will need to stay in our waiting area for 15 minutes after your injection. There will be a dedicated waiting area set up for the COVID-19 vaccine
Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to receive your COVID-19 vaccine when using our clinic.
Can I have my Flu Shot at the same time?
No. We are not currently providing COVID-19 and Flu Shots at the same time. You will need to make an additional appointment for your Flu Shot. Covid and flu shots on the same day are prohibited worldwide.
Can I have the COVID-19 vaccine if I am pregnant?
Pregnant women are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine only. Pregnant patients are encouraged to be vaccinated to protect yourself and your baby. Please speak with your pregnancy care team to discuss what is best for you.
Can my doctor just give me my injection at my next appointment?
No. We need to ensure you have filled in the appropriate forms for your eligibility and booked your second appointment. You will need to book through our COVID-19 clinic.
How do I know if I am eligible?
You can check your eligibility here.
This page will be updated regularly to provide current information.
Latest Update = Monday 21 September 2021